Sleep... the #1 most important ingredient for mental health. Learn how sleep hygiene can transform the quality of your sleeping & waking life.
Here are some useful strategies on sleep hygiene from the American Sleep Association:
- Maintain a regular sleep routine
- Avoid naps if possible
- Don’t stay in bed awake for more than 5-10 minutes.
- Don’t watch TV or read in bed.
- Drink caffeinated drinks with caution
- Avoid inappropriate substances that interfere with sleep
- Exercise regularly
- Have a quiet, comfortable bedroom
- If you are a ‘clock watcher’ at night, hide the clock.
- Have a comfortable pre-bedtime routine